- Starting University this year?
- Up for challenging anti-Israel activity on campus?
- Keen to promote peace, dialogue & respectful debate?
- Want the leadership skills and knowledge to do so?
Join our five day seminar in Israel to:
- See the real and complex situation
- Learn from the experts
- Meet the policy makers
- Hear a variety of Israeli & Palestinian perspectives
- Gain the insight & tools you need
- Make new friends
The trip will include: a tour of the Old City of Jerusalem, central to numerous world religions, and an exploration of what that means; a visit to the Gaza border crossing; meeting entrepreneurs of the Start-Up Nation in Tel Aviv; the chance to engage with Israeli politicians; touring an Arab town; visits to settlements to see them first-hand and meet the residents; a chance to meet Druze citizens of Israel; a visit to Israel's Supreme Court and meeting Syrian refugees in Israel. There's also time for fun - you'll enjoy a cooking masterclass and visits to the beach, plus more exciting opportunities to be revealed. There will also be practical sessions on how to take your experiences back to campus with you.
- Dates: UK Seminar Friday 8 - Saturday 9 September 2017, trip Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2017 (no travel during Shabbat will be necessary)
- Cost: £149, inclusive of flights, meals and accommodation. This trip is already heavily subsidised to minimise finance being a barrier to participation, but further financial assistance may be available. Please call Matt on 07811 974 299 if you would like to discuss this.
- Places are strictly limited and an interview following application is necessary.
Applications to Freshers Israel Experience 2017 are now closed. Please register your interest below if you're interested in future trips like this one!