Melbourne is home to Australia’s largest Jewish community. The Australian Jewish Student Union (AUJS) plans programs and volunteer opportunities on campus. There are multiple synagogues of all levels of observance and an active Chabad on campus. Local families enjoy hosting students for Shabbat and holiday meals. Kosher food is readily available, and there are a variety of cultural and social organizations that students can get involved with as well. Connect with KAHAL to find your Jewish home in Melbourne.
- Connections to students and social events
- Internships and volunteer options
- Advocacy and activism
- Shabbat and holiday experiences
- Jewish learning and enrichment
- Dozens of Kosher restaurants and stores