Approx Jewish Students on campus - 500+
CUJS, home to one of the most prestigious Universities in the world, and our J-Soc definitely doesn’t disappoint. J-Soc is home away from home regardless of how involved you wish to be. With a huge variety of events and a consistently amazing Friday night, it really is the best Jewish society in the country,” Alex Cohen
We welcome everyone, no matter what your religious or cultural background! We aim for a real cross-communal environment, and we truly offer something for everyone!
Presidents: Hugo Davidson and Nathan Steuer
Whats the best thing about Cambridge J-Soc?
We have a diverse range of activities in Cambridge:
- Weekly Friday night dinners (with high-profile guest speakers and entertainment)
- Various socials for Jewish holidays, a bi-termly Cambridge Learning Forum with excellent focus on current issues in Judaism
- Booze for Jews, pub quizzes, kosher formal, talent show and other social events
- High-profile political speakers
- Various interfaith projects
- And a J-Soc Ball like no other!
Kosher Food & Accommodation
Cambridge has a vibrant Chabad centre, and a Beth Shalom Reform Synagogue! In terms of Kosher food, although you’ll be able to get almost everything you need from the local Sainsbury’s, there are a few shops that stock Kosher foods.
Derby Stores has a small stock of Kosher bread, cheeses, meat, pot noodles and other condiments. They will also take orders for deliveries from London
JSoc receives orders of food from London every couple of weeks. If you’d like to order Kosher food, contact the Canteen Treasurer!
Local Synagogue Information
The UJS Sabbatical Officer for this campus is Grace