National Council is the elected body of students that represent the views of students to UJS. By being elected you have the opportunity to hold the UJS President to account, and scrutinise decisions that are taken.
To apply you need just ONE nomination from a fellow student.
Nominations close at UJS Conference, where speeches will be given by candidates in person or pre-recorded.
Voting then closes on Monday 18th December 2023.
General campaigning rules
- No campaigning outside of the designated campaigning period
- No online campaigning on Shabbat
- No negative campaigning against a candidate or any member of their campaign team – this means deliberately spreading negative information about someone or something to worsen the public image of the described
- You are responsible for the words and actions of your campaign team – their rule breaks will be punishable in the same way
- You must act in accordance with the Code of Conduct at all times
- No organisational endorsements (including JSocs)
- Only endorsements from current students are allowed
This is the list of the potential consequences for breaking an election rule. It is at the discretion of the Returning Officer to decide which is an appropriate match for the severity of the rule break.
- Reminder of the rules
- Written warning
- Second warning
- Final warning
- 12-hour ban from online campaigning
- 24-hour ban from online campaigning
- 72-hour ban from online campaigning
- Removal of candidacy