UJS is pleased to announce the first ever Bridges Not Boycotts Conference!
Continuing our successful week-long campaign from last year, which saw 6,000 students engage in dialogue and discussion about the Israel-Palestine conflict, we’re excited to be hosting a one-day Bridges not Boycotts Conference.
All too often, discussions around the Israel-Palestine conflict lack nuance and constructive steps for students to take on campus. Bridges Not Boycotts Conference will bring together students from various faiths, religions, cultures and backgrounds across the UK to discuss the future of the Israel-Palestine conflict and how all sides can work together to bring about peace through dialogue.
No matter what your level of previous knowledge and/or experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to hear from passionate, inspiring and successful activists about the ways in which Israelis and Palestinians are working towards peace and what can be done in the future. Learn about what is being done currently and how you can get involved on campus and beyond.
- Leyla Brinner Sulema, regional coordinator of Women Wage Peace
- John Lyndon, Executive Director of OneVoice Europe
- Sana Knaneh, researcher at Mitvim - The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies
- Luke Akehurst, Director of We Believe in Israel
- Graham Carpenter, Community Coordinator of New Israel Fund UK
- Melanie Ward, political activist
- Joel Braunold, Executive Director of the Alliance for Middle East Peace
- Mahmood Al Ramahi, alumna of Arava Institute
- Dr Nir Arielli, Associate Professor of International History and Director of the International History and Politics programme at the University of Leeds
Please contact Natacha on firstname.lastname@example.org with any access requirements and/or dietary requirements or allergies. Travel bursaries of up to one third of your total ticket cost may also be available - please contact Natacha for more information.
Registrations for this event are now closed. If you'd like to attend, please email Natacha.
Leeds, England LS1 4AG
Google map and directions