Manhigut (leadership): noun; a skill you develop whilst on UJS Manhigut
This winter, you have a chance to go on an exclusive high-profile trip to answer the burning questions you have regarding Israel today. You will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the many facets of Israeli society, delve deep into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and explore the many complexities Israel is facing going forward.
Manhigut is a unique week-long trip where you will gain exclusive access to politicians, journalists and leading thinkers in both Israel and the Palestinian territories. It is a trip tailor-made for students interested in campus activism, where you will develop vital skills to present yourself coherently in discussion and debate. When you get back, you'll be able to put these skills to use, alongside your newfound knowledge.
Been on an Israel trip before? Manhigut is a different experience to any trip you have ever been on – it is an all access pass to Israel, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Ramallah and more! If you are an activist on campus or want to develop into a campus activist, if you want to learn more about the complex politics of Israel, Manhigut is the trip for you!
Previous trips have included:
- Meetings with senior officials at the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah
- Meetings with Members of Knesset and tour of Knesset (Israeli Parliament)
- Visiting injured Syrian civilians being treated by Israel as part of Operation Good Neighbour
- Security tour of Israel’s borders with Syria, Lebanon and Gaza
- Meeting with senior officials at the Israeli Foreign Ministry
- A visit the residence of the British Ambassador to Israel to speak to the Ambassador
- Political Jerusalem Holy sights tour including Temple Mount, Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Tour and meetings in Efrat (Israeli settlement)
- Meeting minorities in Israel including Arabs, Druze, Eritreans and Bedouins
- Tour of Bethlehem and meetings with Palestinian officials
Don't just take our word for it: read Ruby’s Manhigut blog here
Dates:16th - 22nd December 2019
Price: £399 (including flights, accommodation and food)
Do you meet the criteria? You need to:
- Self identify as Jewish
- Are currently a first or second year
- Display a desire to become a leading campus activist!